Thursday 18 March 2010

"oh my god, it's really bad, it's really bad"


I'm not entirely sure what it is about me that makes me so accident prone, but over the course of my 27 years so far, I have managed to do myself all sorts of damage. Everytime I start talking about my injuries, people laugh and say I should write a book. But maybe just a list is entertaining enough...

> two broken wrists, within a year of each other
> one broken collarbone
> torn ligaments and tendons in my ankle
> got the back of my earring stuck inside my ear, which needed to be removed
> concussion and a split hair line from a thrown can of beer at a festival
> viral arthritis (it's true)
> an allergy to said virus causing a terrible rash
> gashed and infected hand from falling on gravel
> swine flu, of course
> and perhaps most seriously, a sliced ankle from a barge trip gone wrong, resulting in stiches and an exciting ambulance ride. The title of this post is dedicated to my friend Ian and his comforting reaction when he saw the wound. Good times!

2 comments:

  1. "got the back of my earring stuck inside my ear, which needed to be removed"
    - which ear?? I never noticed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my ear you silly! The earring back. I should have worded that better...

    ReplyDelete